Welcome to the blog of Jennifer Hutchison, sports dietitian, multisport coach and endurance athlete.


Sunday, September 21, 2008

Way to long

Since I posted anything! Not sure how these regular bloggers find the time to write so much!

Needless to say its been a super BUSY 3 months since the last post. I have athletes racing all over the place and I am trying to stay on some sort of track with Ironman Arizona preparation. Its been a rough year for me personally as it relates to training and racing. My type A personality tends to let me over commit and the first thing that goes is training....or lets say the parts of training I do not enjoy as much ( swim and running when its hot). The motivation to train at intensity has not been there and as such the races I have done have been sub par which is humbling but to be expected. I tell athletes all the time......you cannot just pull a great race out of a box. You actually have to physically and mentally commit to the preparation needed to have good day...whether that's first place or middle of the pack or just finishing. The important point is racing knowing you have done your homework and you finish feeling like you gave it your best effort. Oh and having fun is a must too!

So over the next few days will post some updates on the great races that occurred over the weekend and post some tips for late season racing.

Train smart & eat well,

~Jennifer

No comments: